Connect with us

CELEBRITY

A Big Day For a Big Decision as The World and Fans Awaits Jason Kelce’s Retirement

Published

on

A Big Day For a Big Decision as The World and Fans Awaits Jason Kelce's Retirement

 

Philadelphia Eagles star has the broadcasting world waiting in line to hire him, but the allure of one more NFL season may prove too tempting.

 

A Big Day For a Big Decision as The World and Fans Awaits Jason Kelce's Retirement

It wasn’t until March 13 of last year, following the Eagles’ Super Bowl loss to the Chiefs, that Jason Kelce announced he’d be returning for another season. That date is still a couple of weeks away, but it’s felt like an eternity since Kelce’s Eagles were eliminated from this postseason – setting up another massive decision for the 36-year-old.

Since that loss to the Bucs on January 15, there’s been no definitive word from Kelce on his playing status, though ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported shortly after the game that the center informed his teammates he’d been retiring. At least so far, that has yet to come to fruition. Some may have thought that Kelce would wait until after the Super Bowl to declare his decision, so as to not steal his brother Travis’ thunder, but we’re now nearly a month removed from the Chiefs beating the 49ers – with no more clarity on Jason’s future.

During a recent interview with Dana Carvey and David Spade on their ‘Superfly’ podcast, Kelce at least kept the door open for a return to the Eagles. I don’t know. I’m trying to figure it out right now,’ he said. ‘Right now, exploring different opportunities if I end up retiring,’ Kelce said.

‘Still working out and staying in shape if I end up playing again.’ Unlike many, less famous players mulling retirement, Kelce has another career waiting for him the second he hangs his cleats up. The center, who hosts the ultra-successful ‘New Heights’ podcast with his brother Travis and filled in on Amazon’s Thursday Night Football broadcast during his bye week this season, looks destined for a career in broadcasting if he wants it. He’s already met with executives from Fox and ESPN, according to Front Office Sports, as he used Super Bowl week in Las Vegas to ‘make the rounds’ with networks.

The Sun also reported that there was already a ‘scramble’ among several broadcasters to win Kelce’s services – and that he could make up to $5million per year for his football analysis. Throughout the offseason, Kelce has framed his decision on whether or not to keep playing as a struggle. When a fan told him not to retire while he was signing autographs at a Pro Bowl practice, he said, I’m gunna try not to.’

And when he was on the field at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore after his brother Travis and the Chiefs beat the Ravens in the AFC Championship, Kelce exclusively told DailyMail.com , ‘Whenever you’re around this atmosphere, man, it’s really hard to not want to continue doing this.’

Kelce, it seems, is stuck between his love of the game and his desire for a different life – one that would feature more time with his wife, Kylie, and their three daughters. There’s nothing else for him to prove. Six All-Pro selections, one Super Bowl win, countless highlight plays on the O-line – if he retired tomorrow, he’d be an easy Hall of Fame pick. Of course, a decision of this magnitude goes far beyond resume-boosting, and Kelce’s football bug may just bring him back for one more year.

NFL2 hours ago

After Taylor Swift’s $500K Donation, Jennifer Lopez, Leonardo DiCaprio, Steph Curry, Ryan Reynolds, Beyoncé, Justin Bieber & John Cena Step Forward With $1 Million Each to Support Gavin Newsom’s Ballot Measure Blocking Donald Trump’s 2026 Midterm Plans

NFL8 hours ago

Taylor Swift Slam Donald Trump After Order to Strip Kamala Harris, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden of Secret Service Protection in Move Critics Call “Un-American, Authoritarian and Dangerous

NFL10 hours ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Spotted Enjoying a Cozy Night Out Together in Nashville with Patrick Mahomes Wife Brittany Mahomes

NFL10 hours ago

Angelina Jolie, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Justin Bieber and Zac Efron Follow Taylor Swift’s Lead With $1 Million Each After Her $500k Donation to Back Gavin Newsom’s Ballot Measure Aimed at Blocking Donald Trump’s 2026 Midterm Election Plans

NFL12 hours ago

JD Vance Blasts NFL, Warning Fans That Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Storyline May Be Turned Into League’s Biggest Scripted Moment Yet: A Wedding on Football’s Grandest Stage ‘Superbowl’

NFL15 hours ago

Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron Praise Taylor Swift’s $500K Donation, Pledge $1M Each to Back California Gov Gavin Newsom’s Ballot Measure Against Donald Trump’s 2026 Midterm Plans

NFL24 hours ago

Selena Gomez Breaks the Internet After Announcing Her Upcoming Wedding to Benny Blanco While Also Dropping the Surprise That She’s Expecting Their First Baby!

NFL1 day ago

Taylor Swift to Personally Sponsor Evacuation and Scholarship Journey of 40 Gaza Students Awaiting Passage to the UK and US Amid Intensifying Israel-Gaza Conflict

NFL1 day ago

Taylor Swift has donated $50,000 to Gavin Newsom’s ballot measure committee supporting new California maps, aimed at preventing Donald Trump from influencing the 2026 midterm elections.

NFL1 day ago

Taylor Swift slams Donald Trump after his administration directs states to remove references to ‘gender ideology’ from sex education materials

NFL1 day ago

Taylor Swift Tears Into Donald Trump’s Shocking Decision to Revoke Secret Service Protection for Vice President Kamala Harris, Calling It a Dangerous Assault on Women in Leadership and a Reckless Threat to Democracy

NFL2 days ago

Kim Kardashian reveals that Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s engagement announcement might be a prank and a strategy to promote her upcoming album.

Copyright © 2024 USAmidia