Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Imagining Eagles’ future with and without Jason Kelce along the O-line

Published

on

Imagining Eagles’ future with and without Jason Kelce along the O-line

 

Jason Kelce hasn’t officially announced a decision on his retirement.

 

Imagining Eagles’ future with and without Jason Kelce along the O-line

He’s made it clear that won’t happen until he sorts through emotions that haven’t yet settled. Soaked in melancholy after the NFC wild-card loss, Kelce politely declined to speak to reporters. Two days later, a more composed Kelce stated he wouldn’t address any retirement questions. He later opened up to Shaquille O’Neal on the NBA legend’s Feb. 12 podcast, saying he’s “still figuring it out.”

“I think if I still want to play, I’m going to play,” Kelce said. “I think right now we’re not far enough away from the last game. It’s emotional. It’s a long season. We ended the season, quite frankly, awful. … So I’m just going to take some time. Rest, recoup and then figure it out. I think I’ll have an answer in the next couple weeks.”

Kelce reportedly informed his teammates after the Philadelphia Eagles lost in the playoffs that he intends to retire. Absent a formalized decision, the signs aren’t difficult to read. Left tackle Jordan Mailata said on a Feb. 9 podcast with NBC Sports Philadelphia that “there’s no shot” Kelce returns. Not when he’s “out there living his life,” jumping out of a luxury box shirtless after his brother scored a touchdown in the AFC divisional round or dancing while wearing an abandoned luchador wrestling mask at a Super Bowl LVIII after-party in Las Vegas.

Still, that’s hardly sufficient evidence on its own. It’s not hard to imagine Kelce doing any of those things last year had he not been playing in Super Bowl LVII. But it’s apparent he now holds the kind of grip on the gravity of retirement that’s required to choose it.

There was a cathartic quality to the Amazon Prime documentary “Kelce,” in which the six-time All-Pro center partly considered his health and quality of life before choosing to return in 2023. But just as Kelce explained that decision using the Guy Clark folk song “The Cape,” in which a man keeps leaping from a rooftop fully believing he can fly, he could decide to suit up again in 2024. With both scenarios officially in play for the Eagles, we explore the future associated with each outcome.

NFL16 hours ago

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Release Their Highly Anticipated Wedding Invitations, Captivating Fans Worldwide Just Days After Heartbreaking Loss to the Cowboys

NFL19 hours ago

Senate to Convene High-Stakes Trial to Determine Donald Trump’s Removal Following Congressional Impeachment Hearing Triggered by Mental Health Concerns and East Wing Demolition Scandal

NFL20 hours ago

BREAKING: Taylor Swift Partners With Feeding America to Sponsor Thousands of Thanksgiving Meals Nationwide

NFL1 day ago

Taylor Swift Fires Back at Trump’s Nationwide Deportation Push, Calling His ‘Reverse Migration’ on Thanksgiving Day Plan “A Dark and Dangerous Turning Point for America

NFL1 day ago

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Spotted Walking Into Upscale Dallas Restaurant in Bright Spirits for Thanksgiving Dinner, Just Hours After Chiefs’ Defeat to the Cowboys

NFL2 days ago

Taylor Swift Sends Bizarre Message to Donald Trump Amid White House Thanksgiving Day Feast and Celebration

NFL2 days ago

Fans Go Wild as Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Arrive Hand in Hand in Dallas for the Chiefs’ Highly Anticipated Thanksgiving Day Battle Against the Cowboys

NFL2 days ago

Chiefs Power Pair Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes Draw Massive Attention as They Arrive for a Pivotal Thanksgiving Matchup with the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium

NFL4 days ago

No Payment Dispute with ACECO, White House and Donald Trump’s Spokesperson Confirms despite Multiple Lawsuits from the Demolition Company and Supreme Court’s Emergency Injunction 

NFL5 days ago

Emergency Motion Filed to Halt Donald Trump’s Ballroom Construction After Alleged Demolition Violations by Congress and Supreme Court

NFL5 days ago

Federal Judges to Hear Emergency Bid to Halt Donald Trump’s $2 Billion East Wing Ballroom Project after multiple lawsuits and unpaid balance legal issues with ACECO

NFL5 days ago

Satellite Images Confirm Total Demolition of East Wing Offices—Built in 1902, Revamped in 1942—Fueling Democratic Demands for Documents and Fears of Asbestos Risks in Donald Trump’s Unreviewed, Privately Backed Expansion Project

Copyright © 2024 USAmidia