Connect with us

NEWS

Prince Harry’s five-word response to King Charles’ snub as meeting is now off the cards

Published

on

Prince Harry’s five-word response to King Charles’ snub as meeting is now off the cards

 

King Charles’ busy schedule has thrown a spanner in the works for meeting his son Prince

 

Harry this week – but five words from the Duke shows fresh hope.

 

Harry landed in UK earlier today and has been spotted at an Invictus Games commitment, ahead of the main ceremony in St Paul’s cathedral on Wednesday, celebrating 10 years of the project.

 


Sources revealed last week that the monarch very much hoped to see Harry during his visit, diary permitting, but the duke’s team have since confirmed that won’t be happening. A spokesperson said: “It, unfortunately, will not be possible due to His Majesty’s full programme. The Duke of course is understanding of his father’s diary of commitments and various other priorities.” Despite the fresh blow, there was one sign Harry remains hopeful. The second part of the statement noted that the duke “hopes to see him [Charles] soon,” hinting that the door is still open for the King.

Prince Harry’s five-word response to King Charles’ snub as meeting is now off the cards

The last time the pair were together was shortly after Charles’ cancer diagnosis had been announced when Harry rushed back to his home country to see his father in person. The duke only saw his father for 30 minutes before Charles returned to Sandringham to get some rest, having begun his cancer treatment as an outpatient. Charles has recently been cleared by his doctors to return to some public-facing duties, after a period of being limited to working behind closed doors on business of state – something that his nephew Peter Phillips has noted left the monarch “frustrated”.

Prince Harry’s five-word response to King Charles’ snub as meeting is now off the cards

While Charles’s diary will “remain subject to doctors’ advice” and the monarch isn’t expected to be at full steam when it comes to working over the summer, his medical team are “sufficiently pleased” with his progress to allow the King to get back to official engagements. He kicked things off last week with a visit to University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre and a trip to the Royal Windsor Horse Show – one of the late Queen Elizabeth’s favourite events.

Prince Harry’s five-word response to King Charles’ snub as meeting is now off the cards

Sources told The Mirror that if the King’s diary allowed it, Harry and Charles had intended to meet up while the Duke was back in the UK. The insider said: “Harry has kept in regular contact with his father on several occasions and made no secret of his desire to see him when he can. He has been especially concerned about him and hopes the King will be well and able to see him as planned.” The Duke of Sussex is visiting the UK solo, just a day after his son Archie’s sixth birthday, and will reportedly attend the anniversary service marking 10 years of the Invictus Games at St Paul’s Cathedral without any of the other senior royals.

Prince Harry’s five-word response to King Charles’ snub as meeting is now off the cards

Equally, sources have claimed that Harry did not reach out to his elder brother William ahead of his visit. “Their relationship remains extremely fractured. Harry has privately expressed a wish to sit down with his brother but now is not the time,” the insider explained.

Harry will meet up with Meghan later in the week when the pair embark on a tour of Nigeria, where they are expected to meet with military staff. The Invictus Games service at St Paul’s will see actor Damian Lewis recite a poem. Representatives from Invictus Games participating nations, including members of the wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veteran community, will also be in attendance.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NFL10 hours ago

Federal Prosecutors Reveal: ACECO Demolition Workers Allegedly Ordered by Donald Trump to ‘Rush the Job’ During White House East Wing Demolition Before Inspectors Arrived

NFL11 hours ago

Taylor Swift Moves Toward Full-Scale Legal Action Against President Donald Trump and the White House After Her Song ‘The Fate of Ophelia’ Is Used in a Presidential TikTok and Refused Removal Despite Repeated Copyright Warnings

NFL1 day ago

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Release Their Highly Anticipated Wedding Invitations, Captivating Fans Worldwide Just Days After Heartbreaking Loss to the Cowboys

NFL1 day ago

Senate to Convene High-Stakes Trial to Determine Donald Trump’s Removal Following Congressional Impeachment Hearing Triggered by Mental Health Concerns and East Wing Demolition Scandal

NFL1 day ago

BREAKING: Taylor Swift Partners With Feeding America to Sponsor Thousands of Thanksgiving Meals Nationwide

NFL2 days ago

Taylor Swift Fires Back at Trump’s Nationwide Deportation Push, Calling His ‘Reverse Migration’ on Thanksgiving Day Plan “A Dark and Dangerous Turning Point for America

NFL2 days ago

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Spotted Walking Into Upscale Dallas Restaurant in Bright Spirits for Thanksgiving Dinner, Just Hours After Chiefs’ Defeat to the Cowboys

NFL2 days ago

Taylor Swift Sends Bizarre Message to Donald Trump Amid White House Thanksgiving Day Feast and Celebration

NFL2 days ago

Fans Go Wild as Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Arrive Hand in Hand in Dallas for the Chiefs’ Highly Anticipated Thanksgiving Day Battle Against the Cowboys

NFL2 days ago

Chiefs Power Pair Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes Draw Massive Attention as They Arrive for a Pivotal Thanksgiving Matchup with the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium

NFL4 days ago

No Payment Dispute with ACECO, White House and Donald Trump’s Spokesperson Confirms despite Multiple Lawsuits from the Demolition Company and Supreme Court’s Emergency Injunction 

NFL5 days ago

Emergency Motion Filed to Halt Donald Trump’s Ballroom Construction After Alleged Demolition Violations by Congress and Supreme Court

Copyright © 2024 USAmidia